Assisting new and returning students in determining their eligibility for financial aid for financing their tuition, books and other educational costs. Obtains and prepares the necessary documentation to secure the financial aid funds. Processes loan applications, resolves any conflicting information, ensures complete and accurate processing and maintains compliance with all program requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advise students and parents on the availability of grants and loans, and on their loan repayment obligations. Assist them in completing all necessary aid applications for each program.
• Assist the student in completing Free Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), and collect documentation.
• Assess FAFSA results and performs needs analysis to determine the student’s eligibility, including managing export processes.
• Prepares a Financial Aid Award Package to finance new and returning students by the use of grants, loans, scholarships, Federal Work Study, cash and other outside sources
• Enter and adjust if necessary all award information in the Financial Aid Software.
• Collect, prepare, maintain and verify all required documentation as needed in the student’s Financial Aid File.
• Determine a student’s eligibility for all federal and institutional aid, and “package” (or “repackage”).
• Update Financial Aid Award Package any time the student’s financial aid award changes or enrollment changes and provide on-going advice and assistance to students.
• Maintain knowledge of current Federal and State regulations
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and analytical
• Good communications skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Comfortable with numbers and proficiency with basic math skills
• Good organizational and record keeping skills