CB Roles (in order of priority):
- Develop Community:
- Establish and develop good relationships with your buildings residents
- Promote a comfortable, clean, creative and harmonious living environment
- Decide what specific contribution you want to make to your community in your area of interest that is consistent with University policy, for example, a project to work on with your residents or a meeting on a particular topic like sustainability in the dorms or an event.
- Set an intention for the semester and plan how you are going to accomplish it, and share this with your Residence Director (RD). Develop a plan including at least one program a block and execute it.
- Uphold Community Standards & University Policy
- Attend all required meetings, training, orientation events, and Residence Hall meetings.
- Facilitate open dialog, including promoting intercultural communications and conflict resolution as needed within your community.
- Live in accord with University and building policy.
- Report any physical problems to appropriate MUM Department / Fix-It.
- Support RezLife staff as needed.
- Safety and Security
- Be aware of all safety and security resources
- Be familiar with all emergency protocols
- Assist with fire drills
- Call 911 if necessary
Expectations and Compensation:
- This is a Work Study position, available to students who are eligible for Federal Work Study grants, or Institutional Work Study.
- Early return for fall semester:
- Early Fall arrival (partake in ‘Orientation Buddy Training’), starting Monday August13th.
- Orientation Responsibilities (you are expected to be an “Orientation Buddy”)
- Early return for spring semester:
- Available to welcome and orient new students during Orientation (arrive early to be orientation buddy for spring).
- Academic and behavioral expectations:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Passing DC grades
- Compliance with Student Code of Conduct and other University policies
- In good standing without any academic or behavioral warning, probation, or alert, or other disciplinary action
- Compensation: work study allotment is expected to be approximately 20 hours per month, at $7.50 an hour.
- Check email daily and respond promptly to emails from RezLife Dept. and RD’s.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably required to promote a high quality of life in the residence halls.
- Notify RezLife Department about any unforeseen absences and vacation plans as much in advance as possible.
- Help the Rez Life team continue to develop and improve.
- Enjoy this experience!