1. Generally there must be at least 25 students signed up in your class.
2. This request
must be approved by your Department Head before you complete this form.
Please use this TA Request by Faculty form
to request a Teacher's Assistant (TA).
Your requested TA must fill out this TA Information Form
right away, AND
contact Taniya Handapangoda, email@example.com, to complete all necessary paperwork. You will be notified of approval between 3-7 business days after paperwork has been completed. The TA is not allowed in the classroom until you have been notified.
If the TA has been in the classroom before contacting Madusha and/or before you have received notification of their approval, please do not expect TA benefits to be dispersed. The faculty member must sign the TA's Timesheet at the end of the course.
The TA must agree to these 5 points:
1. I will not join the classroom before I have notification from the Dean of Faculty office.
2. I must have my faculty supervisor or department administrator sign my timesheet.
3. I will turn in my signed timesheet to the Dean of Faculty office within 3 days of the end on my course.
4. I understand I will be paid on the monthly payroll cycle, which means if my course ends in February the payment is processed March 15th.
5. If for any reason I start TAing later than the first day of the course, my payment will be prorated beginning my first day I am allowed in the classroom.