Fred Travis, Ph.D.
Dr. Fred Travis received his Masters and PhD in Psychology from Maharishi University of Management in 1988. He had a two-year post-doctoral position at UC Davis and the VA Medical Center in Martinez, CA with Dr. Irwin Feinberg exploring brain changes during sleep.
- Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science
- Chair of the Department of Maharishi Vedic Science
- Director, Center for Brain, Consciousness, and Cognition
- Dean of the Graduate School
- Psychophysiological correlates of higher states of consciousness
- Psychophysiological correlates of reading Vedic literature
- Investigation of models of higher states of consciousness
- Effects of Transcendental Meditation practice on child development
- Effects of Transcendental Meditation practice on promoting healthy aging
- Senior Researcher, Institute for the Study of Higher States of Consciousness, 1993-Present
- Post Doctoral Fellow, University of California, Davis, in Basic Sleep Research
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Maharishi University of Management. Dissertation: Testing the Field Model of Maharishi’s Vedic Psychology
- M.S. in Psychology, Maharishi University of Management
- B.S. in Design and Environmental Analysis, Cornell University. Senior Thesis: The Transcendental Meditation technique and Creativity: A longitudinal study of Cornell University undergraduates
Awards and Honors
- Editorial Board of the Journal of Meditation and Meditation Research
- Who’s Who in American Schools and Colleges, 1985
- Honorable Mention, NSF Graduate Fellowships, 1985
Rod Eason, Ph.D
Dean of Student Life; Chair of the Department for the Development of Consciousness; Assistant Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science
Dr. Eason is the Dean of Student Life and a member of the University Execuitive Council. He is Assistant Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science and Chair of the Department for the Development of Consciousness. Dr. Eason earned his M.A. and Ph.D. in Maharishi Vedic Science from MUM. His dissertation connected objective and subjective methods of gaining knowledge, Maharishi Vedic Science and consciousness, and the unified field of physics with pure consciousness. He also explored the nature of time and the influence of impulses of creative intelligence active on different days. Dr. Eason has been a teacher of Transcendental Meditation for more than 30 years.