Kitchen Facilitator Roles (in order of priority):
The Kitchen Facilitator develops
community through the operation and maintenance of the building's kitchen.
General Responsibilities Include:
1. Upholding the established rules and regulations
of the kitchen.
a) Ensuring that the rules and
regulations are clearly stated and visible to all.
b) Inspecting the kitchen
premises after use.
c) Maintaining kitchen equipment
and reporting issues to Facilities Management.
d) Schedule the kitchen's hours
of operation with respect to quiet hour and meditation times.
e) Reporting dangerous or extreme
violations of the kitchen rules to a member of MUM Security.
a) Establishing an open, communicative
relationship with the community and acts as a liaison with the RA's and
Resident Life department on matters related to the kitchen.
b) Working with the RA's to host community
building events involving the kitchen.
Expectations and Compensation:
1. This is a Work Study position, available to
students who are eligible for Federal Work Study grants, or
Institutional Work Study.
2. Academic and behavioral expectations:
a) GPA of 2.5 or higher.
b) Passing DC grades.
c) Compliance with Student Code of Conduct and other University policies.
d) In good standing without any academic or behavioral warning, probation, or alert, or other disciplinary action.
3. Compensation: work study allotment is expected to be approximately 20 hours per month, at $7.50 an hour.
4. Check email daily and respond promptly to emails from RezLife Dept. and RD’s.
5. Other responsibilities as reasonably required to promote a high quality of life in the residence halls.
6. Notify RezLife Department about any unforeseen absences and vacation plans as much in advance as possible.
7. Help the Rez Life team continue to develop and improve.
8. Enjoy this experience!